I was tagged by Smash from Great Books Fresh Coffee for this book meme. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I liked writing it.
- 1. What author do you own the most books by?
I'm going to guess Jane Austen, but it might be Bernard Cornwell.
- 2. What book do you own the most copies of?
Merriam-Webster dictionaries: I have lots of editions and in several rooms in the house.
- 3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
- 4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Dustfinger as he is in Inkspell.
- 5. What book have you read the most times in your life?
Either Lord of the Rings, Jane Eyre, or Pride and Prejudice. Not sure.
- 6. Favorite book as a ten year old?
Maybe The Hobbit. I really can't remember back that far.
- 7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
Don't want to say. But I'll mention one of the worst books I ever read: The Bridges of Madison County.
- 8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
- 9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?
I used to push Islandia on people. But maybe I'd say Emerson's essays. All foodies should read M. F. K. Fisher. The problem is that I don't think there really is one book that would appeal to everyone.
- 10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
I blogged about this before: I'm going with A Sudden Country.
- 11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
Not sure what you mean by difficult. Do you mean hard to understand or hard to get through? English Patient was really hard to get through.
- 12. What is your favorite book?
The book I'm loving at the moment.
- 13. Play?
Gosh, I don't really know that either. I'll cop out with Shakespeare.
- 14. Poem?
Again, I hate narrowing it down, but I've been a Blake fan since childhood.
- 15. Essay?
Something by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- 16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Hummm, I'm drawing a blank. Sorry.
- 17. What is your desert island book?
The absolutely complete Shakespeare.
- 18. And . . . what are you reading right now?
Thanks, Smash! If anyone wants to snag these questions, I'd love to read your answers.