I am once again blessed with the incredible kindness of the book blogging community. Thank you all for thinking of me.
The wonderful Melody from Melody's Reading Corner gave me the Proximidade Award. According to her post: Being a recipient of this award affirms that this blog invests and believes in the Proximity--nearness in space, time, and relationships. This blog receives this great award as a further way to reiterate that it is exceedingly charming and aims to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Thanks so much, Melody! I'm a regular reader of her blog; photos, reviews, memes, and challenges--it's all there.
Carolyn from Book Chick City kindly gave me this cool Splash award. The award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs. Wow!! That's a lot to live up to. Book Chick City was one of the blogs I discovered during BEA, and I encourage you to discover it too: reviews, giveaways, and a great design. Thank so much, Carolyn!
La Coccinelle at The Ladybug Reads gave me the Honest Scrap award, which comes with a meme. The award is given to bloggers who write from the heart. The rules are to pass it along to seven bloggers and then list 10 honest things about yourself. Before I tell you 10 things about myself, I want to encourage you to visit Ladybug: cute design plus thoughtful reviews equals a winning combination. Thanks so much for this great award.
10 Honest Things about Me
- I really love pens. I have all kinds from fountain to gel and in all colors.
- I also really love cool paper, which is kind of nice because I like pens.
- My garden used to include over 60 kinds of herbs, but now I grow mostly wildflowers.
- I'm forced to root for the Phillies this year (Mr. BFR's home territory), but I'm really an American League kind of person.
- If forced to pick, I'd watch pro football over college.
- Despite the last two items, I really don't watch sports, except for the World Series, major college football bowl games, Super Bowl, and Olympics.
- I like going to the grocery store.
- I like going to the farmers market even more.
- I can't make a good pie crust despite many years of coaching from relatives and friends.
- Despite that last statement, I came in second in a national apple pie contest.