Total Books and Current Status
Since January 1, I've finished 9 books. In January, I posted 9 full reviews and 1 mini-review. I also posted 3 movie reviews. I am currently reading O Juliet by Robin Maxwell and finishing listening to Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell.
What Did I Read and Review?
Here's what I reviewed in January. Click on the link to see my review; the letter in parentheses is my rating.
Full Reviews / Readalongs
- All Alone in the Universe by Lynne Rae Perkins (B-)
- Animal Farm (Fables 2) by Bill Willingham (B+)
- The Book of Fires by Jane Borodale (B+)
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (B+)
- Chocolate by Max Brenner (C)
- Genesis by Bernard Beckett (B+)
- The Hobbit by J. R. Tolkien (discussion post #1, #2, #3)
- Kingdom of Ohio by Matthew Flaming (B+)
- So Easy by Ellie Krieger (B+)
- The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard
- Bad Things Happen by Harry Dolan
- Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
- Don't Miss Books for January
- Life of Glass by Jillian Cantor
- Need by Carrie Jones
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell (spotlight #1, #2)
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream (dessert)
Literary Road Trip, Author Interviews, Guest Posts
- I am very excited that Amy Einhorn wrote a guest post in which she talks about her imprint at Putnam.
Believe it or not I actually completed one challenge: 451! Okay, so it required only 1 book.
I joined two more challenges: the Laura Lippman challenge and a perpetual challenge for the Reagan Arthur Books imprint.
I am hosting another challenge: The Amy Einhorn Books challenge. This is a perpetual challenge that I'm very excited about. Both the authors and Amy Einhorn herself are interested in it and want to be involved. In fact, Amy wrote an open letter to readers and bloggers, which was posted here on Beth Fish Reads. Take a look at the challenge and the letter and consider joining up.
I am also hosting What's in a Name? 3, which started January 1. We have 218 participants and 57 reviews. Visit the challenge blog for more information, to sign up, and to find links to the reviews.
A Few More Activities
I hosted a mini challenge about tags & labels for Bloggiesta (a super event created by Natasha of Maw Books Blog).
I participated in Bloggiesta (my wrap-up post is here).
I participated in the Lord of the Rings Readalong. The book for January was the The Hobbit and the discussion was hosted by Eva from A Striped Armchair.
I hosted the 46th Bookworms Carnival of Book Reviews. My theme was food books.
What's New and What's Coming in February
I have about four guest posts and Literary Road Trip posts coming up. As well as a couple of blog tours.
I'm excited to be part of HarperTeen's 28 Days of Winter Escapes. You're going to be seeing a lot of this great event -- complete with daily giveaways -- through out the bloggosphere, Twitter, and Facebook. It all starts today. Click the button in my sidebar to enter today's contest.
And, finally, I am a participant in the BLOB Game (She with the lowest score wins!). For more on that, click the link.
And Now for You
- How was your January?
- Did you meet your reading goals?
- Are you caught up on your reviews?
- Are you making changes?