Today is the third day of Audiobook Week 2010. This fabulous event is the dream child of Jen of Devourer of Books. Be sure to read her Audiobook Week information post and the post listing the great prizes available for participants! (I'll be offering one of those prizes on Friday, so be sure to come back!)
For the first four days of Audiobook Week, I plan to post on the daily topic. On Friday, I am going take a different path. I hope you take the time to visit all the participating blogs; you can find them by checking out Jen's blog and clicking on the Mr. Linkys.
- Audiobook are you currently reading/you read most recently: All Mortal Flesh by Julia Spenser-Fleming
- Impressions?: Excellent. A bit different from the earlier books in the series and it is definitely taking the main characters in a new direction (in a good way).
- How long you’ve been listening to audiobooks: I'll say 20 years, but I became a serious addict about 12 years ago.
- First audiobook you ever listened to: As I said earlier in the week, I think it was Amy Tan's Joy Luck Club.
- Favorite audiobook title: Waaaaaaay too many to choose from: I'll say John Adams by David McCullough for nonfiction, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr for the production, The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien for pure indulgence.
- Favorite narrator: Can't answer this: Simon Vance, Davina Porter, Barbara Rosenblatt, Jeff Woodman, Scott Brick, Kate Reading . . . Sorry. Just don't have a favorite.
- How do you choose what to listen to versus read? I don't. If I can get it in audio, I will usually choose that medium because I have more listening hours in a day than I do reading hours.
I didn't keep good records on my reading and listening until about 2006, but a quick search through my database shows that Davina Porter is my audio-narrator BFF. I have listened to 20 titles by her (including the entire Diana Gabaldon Outlander series) for a total of 394.5 hours. Yikes!!!