Total Books and Current Status
Since January 1, I've finished 48 books, and abandoned 3. In May, I posted 6 full reviews. I also posted 1 recipe. I am behind on 3 reviews. I am currently reading The Passage by Justin Cronin and listening to Private Life by Jane Smiley.
What Did I Read and Review?
Here's what I reviewed in May. Click on the link to see my review; the letter in parentheses is my rating.
- A Place for Frogs by Melissa Stewart (B)
- The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan (B+)
- Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman (A)
- Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann (DNF)
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (B)
- The Other Side of Dawn by John Marsden (B+)
- Charm City by Laura Lippman
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano
- I was pleased to host Pennsylvania author Jeffrey A. Cohen as part of the Literary Road Trip project.
- I can't begin to thank Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader for her fabulous guest post on Shaun Tan, which helped me out when I was in New York for BEA.
- I attended Book Expo of America during the last week of May. See my write up of the Editor's Buzz and the author breakfasts.
- I announced that I'm a judge for the Nerds Heart YA tournament.
What's New, What's Coming Up?
I have at least one more BEA post to write up; I'd like to share some of the books I'm especially excited about.
I have also scheduled a couple of guest posts and Literary Road Trip entries. Plus I'm participating in a few book tours.
But most of all, I am looking forward to a relaxing June with lots of great reading ahead.
Talk to Me
Hope your reading month was fabulous. But before you click away, here are two things I'm always curious about:
- What was your favorite book in May?
- Are you caught up with your reviews?