It's time for my best-of 2013 lists! I will post four this year. Thursday was all about audiobooks, Friday was adult books, Saturday was food and cookbooks, and today is middle grade and young adult. Enjoy!
A note on my selections: The books that appear on this list were read by me in 2013 but may have been published earlier. I picked the books that resonated with me, without regard for the target audience. Books are presented alphabetically by title; links lead to my reviews or thoughts.
- Mary E. Pearson's The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Macmillan / Henry Holt), dystopian, young adult
- Rob Buyea's Because of Mr. Terupt (Random House / Delecorte), contemporary fiction, middle grade
- Samantha Shannon's The Bone Season (Bloomsbury USA), fantasy, dystopian, young adult
- Jennifer A. Nielsen's The False Prince (Scholastic), medieval, historical fiction, middle grade
- Catherynne M. Valente's The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Macmilian Childrens / Feiwel & Friends), fantasy, middle grade
- Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane (William Morrow), fantasy, for everyone, top children's book