Stacked-Up Book Thoughts are my random notes about books I've read, movies I've watched, books I'm looking forward to, and events I hope to get to.
I was not a good stats keeper in 2014. In fact, I was so bad that I didn't even index my reviews until yesterday. Yeah, I was that bad. This means my year-end wrap-up post is lacking many of the entries I usually include. So, without any further disclaimers, here's what I got.
- First and last book reviewed in 2014: The first book I reviewed was The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd and the last one was Lily Blue, Blue Lily by Maggie Stiefvater; both were audiobooks.
- Total number of books written about: I wrote about more than 250 books last year, either on the blog or for a freelance assignment. I didn't divide this number into books actually read versus books featured/spotlighted, but I think I read about 170 books.
- Total number of audiobooks & hours listened: A quick count puts me at 73 audiobooks last year for a total of 924 hours.
- Male versus female authors: I don't have exact numbers, but it looks like I read significantly more female authors than male authors in 2014.
- Some favorite features: The eMerging eReader, Graphically Reading, and Reading On Topic
- Staying the same: I'm not planning any major changes to Beth Fish Reads in 2015. I'm looking forward to another year of book reviews and bookish posts, Wordless Wednesday photos, and Weekend Cooking link-ups.
- Possible major change: Although I swore I'd never have a self-hosted blog, I'm beginning to seriously consider a move to Wordpress. I won't do this on my own, however, so it will be a while before I make the switch, if at all.
- Book content: The heart of this blog will always be basic book reviews, but I like coming up with a variety of ways to talk about books I'm excited about. So look for some new features in 2015.
- Nonbook content: I continue to enjoy taking photos and sharing them with you either here or on Instagram. I still love to putter around the kitchen, share recipes, and review cookbooks and food writing, so Weekend Cooking will remain a Saturday feature. I reviewed about 15 movies last year and have plans to keep on writing about what I'm watching. I pushed the envelope in 2014 by talking about eReading apps, by reviewing products, and by sharing what I learned when I bought my new camera. I'm working on a couple of fun posts along these lines, and I can't wait to make them public.