Welcome to another edition of Sentenced to Be Read, featuring a few
recommended books that were released in February. Hope you find one or
two that call to you.
- Nelly Dean by Alison Case: A retelling of Wuthering Heights told from the family servant's perspective. What went on behind the scenes and below the stairs?
- In Wilderness by Diane Thomas: Set in the southern Appalachians, this is the story of two loners who meet in the woods: obsession, salvation, suspense, and maybe even love.
- Alive by Scott Sigler: Now out in paperback: the first in a new trilogy with science fiction and dystopian elements.
- Faking It by Gabrielle Tozer: Contemporary novel about internships, dubious friendships, and a desperate woman who finds herself getting in over her head. The sequel to The Intern.
- Perfect Days by Raphael Montes: A physiological thriller set in Brazil, involving three friends, a road trip, and a young man who's sure he can make the woman of his dreams fall in love with him.
- In Some Other World, Maybe by Shari Goldhagen: Now out in paperback: the story of three young adults in three different cities who have unexpected connections.
- Written on My Heart by Megan Callan Rogers: A story of a marriage, friendship, and family secrets set in Maine.