I'm hoping to complete this great challenge in the next 12 months. It looks like a fun way to cut down my TBR pile. To complete the challenge, read one book from each of 9 categories between Dec. 27, 2008, and Dec. 27, 2009; the books should already be owned and waiting to be read.
The categories and books I plan to read are as follows:
- Long: Elizabeth and Mary by Jane Dunn (480 pages)
- Free: The Sea by John Banville (Bought with a gift card.)
The Christie Caper by Carolyn HartMore Home Cooking by Laurie Colwin (I've had this for 3+ years)
Virgin in the Ice by Ellis Peters (A friend passed it along to me.)Lady Susan by Jane Austen (Bought in used bookstore)
- Letter: Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan (The R in Ruins = the R in Reads)
- Strange: Coal by Barbara Freese (Hey, it's a book about coal.)
- Cover: My Man Jeeves by P. G. Woodhouse (Maybe not ugly, but not beautiful either)
- Alive or Not: On Agate Hill by Lee Smith (Southern Book Critics Circle Award and Academy Award in Fiction from American Academy of Arts and Letters)
- Distance: The Dead of the Night by John Marsden (distance 16,565 km [10,293 mi] using author's birthplace of Victoria, Australia)
No lists or sign up is necessary. Just fulfill the requirements, post on the blog, review the book, and you're done!