It'll soon be summer, which means evenings on the deck reading and looking up every once in a while to watch the birds at the feeder. Julie at Booking Mama has an idea to make warm-weather reading a bit more fun: Her EW Summer Books Challenge! The idea is to read from Entertainment Weekly's summer reading list.
Pretty much all of the books look good; however, I'm joining up at the Polliwog level, which means I agree to read just 1 to 3 books. The challenge runs from May 1 to September 6.
Check out Julie's post for the complete list of 18 books, but here are few that caught my eye:
- The Last Stand by Nathaniel Philbrick
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
- The Passage by Justin Cronin
- The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins