Total Books and Current Status
Since January 1, I've finished 40 books, and abandoned 2. In April, I posted 8 full reviews. I also posted 4 recipes. I am behind on 2 reviews. I am currently reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot and will be picking out a new audiobook later today.
What Did I Read and Review?
Here's what I reviewed in April. Click on the link to see my review; the letter in parentheses is my rating.
Full Reviews / Readalongs
- "Babette's Feast" (short story) by Isak Dinesen (B)
- Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien (A) (readalong posts: #1, #2, #3)
- The Postmistress by Sarah Blake (A-)
- Purgatory Ridge by William Kent Krueger (B+)
- A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole (B)
- Flash Point by Sneed B. Collard III (A)
- Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi (A)
- A Gift from Brittany by Marjorie Price (B)
- Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
- Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
What Else Did I Post?
Stats Posts: What Are They Good For? I asked you for your opinions of wrap-up/stats posts and as a result my monthly wrap-up posts are undergoing a change. This will be a work in a progress until I figure out what works best for me. Thanks for everyone's opinions.
- I was thrilled that my review of The Wife's Tale by Lori Lansens was published by The Book Studio.
- I was cheerleader for the April Readathon.
- I participated in Detectives Around the World.
- There is still time to enter to win the complete Harry Potter set and a $50 Visa gift card.
- There is also time to enter to win a signed copy of The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha (this is international).
I finished the Lord of the Rings Readalong and managed to complete the Graphic Novel Mini-Challenge, but I totally failed the Shelf Discovery Challenge. That failure didn't stop me from joining some new challenges, though:
- Margot from Joyfully Retired decided to double the cozy mystery challenge
- Julie at Booking Mama started the EW Summer Books Challenge (I hope she makes this a yearly challenge).
- Margot from Joyfully Retired is hosting the All Things Alcott Challenge, which I will be joining (announcement post tomorrow or Monday).
What's New, What's Coming Up?
On Monday I am going to post about a great Mother's Day contest sponsored by Jeannie Nash, author of The Threadbare Heart. Several blogs are hosting the essay contest, but you can enter at only one site. I hope some of you choose my blog.
I have a couple Literary Road Trip entries coming up in May, and I'll again be participating in the Spotlight Series, this time with one of my all-time favorite authors. (If you don't know about this, click the link.)
And, of course, I'm looking forward to Book Expo of America (BEA). I can't wait!
Talk to Me
Hope your reading month was fabulous. But before you click away, here are two things I'm always curious about:
- What was your favorite book in April?
- Are you caught up with your reviews?