What if you got the chance to see a childhood crush again, and right when you just happened be newly single? Isabel Carlisle is back home working at her parents' boutique when learns the still-handsome Ford Hendrix has returned to town. She's not sure if he'll even want to talk to her, but if she can get him to pretend to be her boyfriend, then her mother will stop pestering her about dating.
Dear Ford, I can't believe my sister was stupid enough to cheat on you with your best friend two weeks before your wedding. With you joining the Army so suddenly, I didn't get a chance to confess in person. I know I'm only 14, but I love you. I'll love you forever and write every day. Or at least once a week. I cried and cried when you left. . . . I wish you didn't have to leave. I really will love you forever, Ford. I promise.—Three Little Words by Susan Mallery (Harlequin HQN, 2013, p. 1)
- Setting: Fools Gold, California, a small town where everyone knows everyone
- Circumstances: Isabel, 28, wrote to Ford, 33, for years although he never wrote back; now that their paths have crossed again, can they be friends or perhaps something much more?
- Characters: Isabel, divorced, dreams of moving to New York and being part of the fashion scene; Ford, an ex-SEAL poses as a personal trainer, although he's really bodyguard; their parents, siblings, and friends in Fools Gold
- Genre: romance, light women's fiction
- Themes & plot lines: love, family, friendship, dreams, life in a small town; some humor
- Miscellaneous: this is the 12th book set in Fools Gold and the third book to feature a bodyguard; Mallery garners rave reviews from Booklist, Publishers Weekly, and Romantic Times
- Learn more: for more on the setting, visit the Fools Gold website; for more about the author, visit her website
Thanks to Book Trib, I can offer one of my readers with a U.S. mailing address her very own Susan Mallery Foolproof Bridal Kit. Don't let that word bridal throw you off; this giveaway is open to any one who wants to be a little pampered for a special occasion or just for no reason at all. The gift bag includes the following and is valued at $40:
- A wedding-themed bottle of OPI nail polish
- Not Your Mother’s® Rise & Shine™ Silky Smooth Shine Mist
- Manicure set (includes emery board, small and large nail clippers, tweezers, cuticle stick and nail polish remover pad)
- Heart-shaped compact mirror
- 12-piece E.L.F. eye shadow kit
- Travel makeup brush set
- Makeup remover wipes
- Lip gloss
- Travel sewing kit
- Secret® deodorant
- Razor and Gillette® Shave Gel
- Nivea Creme
- Wisps toothbrushes
- TRESemmé® hairspray
For book reviews, Q&As with Susan Mallery, and even more chances to win the bridal kit, visit the BookTrib website to see the other blogs in the Three Little Words tour.
Copyright © cbl for Beth Fish Reads, all rights reserved (see review policy).