Imagine you're a single mother of a five-year-old and you've just pulled up roots and set your future on a job at a small-town inn. Now imagine that on the very day you arrive at your new home, just before Christmas, that inn goes up in flames. That's what happened to Eliza Hayward, who finds herself stranded in Haven Point, Idaho, jobless and homeless in the middle of a snowstorm.
Oh, this wasn't good. At all.—Snow Angel Cove by RaeAnne Thayne (Harlequin, 2014, first paragraph)
Eliza Hayward stood with sleet pelting her like hard little pebbles, gazing at the blackened charred bones of her future. Cold dread wormed its way beneath her coat like the wintry wind blowing off Lake Haven, just a few hundred yards away.
- Setting: Redemption Mountains, Idaho; modern times
- Circumstances: Eliza moves to Haven Point for a hotel management job; on her first day there, the hotel burns to the ground and she is hit by a car. Full of guilt and remorse, Aidan Caine, the handsome man who was driving the SUV that skidded on ice, must find a way to help the woman he injured.
- Characters: Eliza and her daughter, Maddie; Aidan, a well-know tech entrepreneur; Aidan's extended family; various townspeople and hospital personnel
- Genre: contemporary small-town romance
- Complications to the storyline: Aidan and Eliza's late-husband had a history--and it wasn't good. Little Maddie suffers from a serious heart condition.
- Reviews: Romance readers have nothing but good things to say about Snow Angel Cove, mentioning the well-developed characters and the realistic development of Eliza and Aidan's relationship. So far I'm enjoying this comforting Christmas read.
- Recommendations: Fans of contemporary romance; lovers of feel-good Christmas stories
- Miscellaneous: The first in a new spin-off series of Thayne's popular Hope's Crossing books
If you like happily ever after and you like Christmas, then I have the giveaway for you. Thanks to the wonderful people at Harlequin, I'm hosting the romance holiday giveaway to end all giveaways! One of you with a U.S. or Canadian mailing address will win five paperbacks and one eBook, plus a package of ornament charms and a box of Harlequin-themed gift tags. What more could a romance lover want?
The prize pack includes the following books. The first five are mass-market paperbacks and the last one will be in the digital format of your choice:
- Christmas with the Billionaire by Carole Mortimer, Maisey Yates, and Joss Wood
- Maybe This Christmas by Sarah Morgan
- Snow Angel Cove by RaeAnne Thayne
- The Heart of Christmas by Brenda Novak
- The Lodge on Holly Road by Sheila Roberts
- Her Holiday Man by Shannon Stacey