Wendy from CaribousMom is hosting a fun challenge. This one is designed to help you get through your TBR.
The idea is randomness. The challenge for me will be to pick a book at random instead by mood or review schedule. I'm committing to 12 books for the challenge (there are different levels), which means one a month from August 1, 2009 to July 31, 2010. I can do it -- I think!
Visit the Random Reading Challenge sign-up post for more information and more ways to play the game, but here's what I'm going to do:
1. Pick a random group of books from by TBR pile (I have several stacks to choose from!)
2. Count the books, numbering them from the top down.
3. Head off to random.org or another random-number generator and pick a number.
4. Read the book that was selected.
5. Repeat the procedure each month.
I think this is going to be a fun way to get through my books. And Wendy mentioned that there would be at least one prize (in case you need incentive!). Really, how hard can it be to complete this challenge?