Phew! After about 14 hours of work, I managed to meet all my Bloggiesta goals for this edition of the great event hosted by Natasha Maw Books Blog.
Yes, I was pretty much glued to the computer yesterday and this morning, but I am done! Now I can read blogs, read books, and get ready for my book club, which meets this afternoon.
- I looked at every single post on this blog and updated the labels when necessary.
- All my review, interview, and guest post indexes (see my tabs) are up to date. I'm contemplating adding a new tab for recipes (which are currently index under "genre")
- The "About Me" entry in my side bar was rewritten.
- I checked the formatting of old posts and changed the ones that really needed it. I did not fix the the colors in every post to match my new template.
- I added a recent comments and a top commenter gadget to my sidebar.
- I reassessed the challenges I've joined and dropped out of Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, and Random Read. These challenges have been going on for about 6 months and I haven't even started them. Time to get realistic and admit defeat while I can still honorably back out.
- Thanks to Trish from Hey Lady, who sent me the code, I was able to embed the gadget for my Blog Talk Radio That's How I Blog interview in my sidebar.
Some people have asked about my pull-down labels gadget and my tabs. The links to all the sites and code I used to customize my blog's template and to add tabs and elements to my sidebars can be found in the "Thanks!" section in my blog's footer.
For those who are still working on your labels or tags, please be sure to read the comments on my mini-challenge for additional advice, links, and widgets.
Ahhhhhhh. I can breath a sigh of relief and take a break!
EDIT: I just completed the back up your blog mini-challenge from Jackie at Farm Lane Books. So easy!