What happens when an unromantic florist is asked to be a wedding planner / relationship saver? Can recently divorced Cara Kryzik meet the challenge?
Here are Cara's thoughts the first time she sees her new clients' plantation home:
Somebody, at some point in the Strayhorn family history had a puckish sense of humor. . . . Cara drove slowly down the bumpy, crushed oyster-shell drive. Age-blackened live oaks dripping with thick curtains of Spanish moss shaded both sides of the roadway, their trunks dotted with clumps of dark green Resurrection ferns. . . . A rail fence separated the drive from a vast green pasture, and a trio of horses grazed outside a weathered barn. At the end of the quarter-mile drive, a weathered cypress sign was nailed to one of the trees:—Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews (St. Martin's Press, 2014, p. 110, uncorrected proof)
Slow down. Small children. Large dogs. Old men.
- Setting: Savannah, Georgia; modern times
- Circumstances: Cara has been tapped to be the planner for a high-profile wedding. If she can pull it off, her professional reputation will be set and she'll be on the road to financial freedom.
- Characters: Cara and her assistant, Bert; Jack, a potential love interest; Brooke and Harris, the engaged couple; Cullen, rival florist and troublemaker
- Genre: contemporary woman's fiction; beach read; humor
- Themes: marriage, love, business, romance, family
- About the author and other thoughts: Andrews is one of the queens of summer reading; despite the anticipated happily ever after, the plot has enough twists, fun characters, and good humor to keep you going; get out the sunblock, grab your beach chair, and get reading
Thanks to the publicists, I'm pleased to be able to offer one of my readers (with a U.S. mailing address) a copy of Mary Kay Andrews's latest novel, Save the Date. All you have to do to enter for a chance to win is to fill out the form. I'll pick a winner via random number generator on June 21 (first day of summer!). Once the winner has been confirmed, I'll delete all personal information from my computer.